As a candidate for Region 5 Director of IEEE, I bring over 30 years of industry experience –
Tim Weil (CISSP/CCSP, CISA, PMP) is a Network Project Manager with Alcohol Monitoring Systems in Littleton, CO.
Previously I worked for twenty-five years in the Washington DC area providing network engineering, program management and information security compliance for federal agencies and international companies. Since returning to Colorado in 2010 I have worked as an Information Security Manager for the US Antarctic Program and US Department of Interior. Recently I helped established an ISO 27001 line of business for Coalfire and has provided ISO 27001 consultancy services to commercial clients. I remain actively involved in Information Security related research and enjoy mentoring to the next generation of IEEE Members.
Proven IEEE Leadership
- General Chair – IEEE Region 5 Annual Meeting & Students Events, and GREENTECH Conferences (2013)
- South Area Chair – IEEE Region 2
- Chair – IEEE Washington DC Section (2009), IEEE Denver Section (2013)
- Chair – IEEE Denver Communications Society (2014-2016)
- IEEE Communications Society (member since 1993)
- IEEE Computer Society (member since 1993)
- Intelligent Transportation Society (member since 2010)
- General Chair – IEEE GREENTECH (2013), IEEE Region 5 Annual Conference (2013)
- Executive Committee – EEE GREENTECH (2017), IEEE Region 5 Conference (2017)
- Patron Chair and Advisor – IEEE GLOBECOM (COMSOC) – 2007 – 2016 (multiple conferences)
- IEEE-USA Professional Achievement Service Award for Individuals (2015) in supporting conference development for the GREENTECH and GLOBECOM programs
- Educator on Intelligent Transportation Systems – Seminars at IEEE GLOBECOM 2007-2015
- Section Coordinator for IEEE Milestone History Recognition – Virginia Smith HVDC Substation
- Author / Editor Engineering and Technology History Wiki (ETHW) – 50 Year History of the Washington DC Section
I earned a BA in Sociology from Immaculate Heart College (1976) and taught in Los Angeles public schools. Later I completed undergraduate studies in Computer Science from California State University Chico (1986) and earned MSc in Computer Science from The John Hopkins University (1990).